Tips for managing
#confidence, #feelings, #puberty
As you grow up, you may start to notice your emotions and moods changing. This may have an impact on everyone around you too.
Mood swings are normal but it's good to try to control them, so that you don’t go round hurting anyone else’s feelings.
It's good to know these feelings don't last forever (hurrah!). The changes in your behaviour are just part of becoming a young adult.
When you're not feeling yourself, here are some tips that may make life a little easier:
- Talk to someone about how you're feeling.
- If you're feeling angry, try counting to 10 until the feeling has passed.
- When you're at home and start getting irritated or upset with someone in your family, let them know that you need some time alone and go to another room for half an hour or so.
- It’s no one’s fault that you feel like this, so be nice to yourself. Life has its highs and lows just like a rollercoaster and this can be exhausting! Your body and brain are working extra hard to keep up with all the changes that are happening.
- If you see your friends are struggling with how they're feeling, let them know you're there for them if they want to chat.